Safe Spaces is an independent service supporting survivors of church-related abuse was launched in September 2020, this service offers support to survivors of church-related abuse whether or not a report has been made. This independent service is run by the charity Victim Support and funded by the Church of England with the Catholic Church in England and Wales. It is free to access via telephone, email or web chat.
Tel : 0300 303 1056
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
WebChat – via the Safe Spaces website
Other national helplines
The following national helplines are also available:
- NSPCC – 0808 800 5000
- Childline – 0800 1111
- Stop it Now – 0808 1000 900
- NAPAC (National Association for People Abused in Childhood) – 0808 801 0331
- Samaritans – 116 123
- Family Lives – 0808 800 2222
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – 0808 2000 247
- Action on Elder Abuse – 0808 808 8141
Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre
Provides free and confidential support and information to women, men, young people and children from the age of 5 years who have been affected by sexual abuse no matter when or how it happened. Support is also provided to parents, partners, other supporters and professionals.
- Telephone: 02476 277 777 (Mon-Fri 10-2pm. Mon-Thurs 6-8pm)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- By Text: 07936 816130 (will respond within 7 working days)
- Website: http://www.crasac.org.uk
Blue Sky Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) - Coventry and Warwickshire
A free independent service offered to women, men and children who are a victim of rape and sexual assault. The service is located at George Eliot Hospital in Nuneaton and includes medical care, police intervention (if you choose to report the crime) and various other support services. The service is available 24/7, 365 days a year.
Rape or Sexual Abuse Support (RoSA) – Warwickshire
Provides free and confidential support to women, men, young people and children from the age of 5 years who have experienced the trauma of rape, sexual abuse or sexual violence. Support is also offered to family members, partners and carers.
Safeline - Warwickshire and surrounding areas
A specialised charity working to prevent sexual abuse and to support those affected in their recovery. This includes working with people whose mental health issues (manifesting for example as self-harming) suggest that they may be vulnerable to abuse. Services are also offered to family members and friends of abuse survivors.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By text: 07860 027573 (telephone helpline not available)
- National Helpline for men: 0808 800 5005
- Website: www.safeline.org.uk
The NSPCC are a children's charity fighting to end child abuse in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man. They help children who have been abused to rebuild their lives, protect those at risk, and find the best ways of preventing abuse from ever happening.
- Website: http://www.nspcc.org.uk/
NAPAC offers support to adult survivors of all type of childhood abuse, including physical, sexual, emotional abuse or neglect.
- Website: www.napac.org.uk
Stop it Now!
Stop it Now! UK and Ireland is a child sexual abuse prevention campaign and Helpline. It is run by the Lucy Faithfull Foundation, the only UK-wide child protection charity dedicated solely to reducing the risk of children being sexually abused. Stop it Now! supports adults to play their part in prevention through providing sound information, educating members of the public, training those who work with children and families and running our Freephone confidential Helpline.
- Website: http://www.stopitnow.org.uk/
Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse
The Truth Project is part of the independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. The purpose of the project is to give victims and survivors of child sexual abuse the opportunity to share their experiences. If you would like to share your experience of child sexual abuse and/or institutional failure to tackle that abuse please contact:
- Website: www.truthproject.org.uk
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to: Freepost IICSA INDEPENDENT INQUIRY
- Information line: 0800 917 1000
- Open weekdays 8am-8pm, Saturdays 10am-12pm.
- Calls are free and do not show on your bill.