Parishes in the Diocese of Coventry can apply to several different funds. These are outlined below and in a table in this document.
For advice on the first four funds, please contact Jo Hands: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Diocesan Mission Fund, which gives grants to parishes, benefices or deaneries for new mission projects
- The Church Fabric Fund, which gives grants towards work on church buildings
- The Church Improvements Fund, which gives grants to parishes for improving the facilities in their church buildings and works which will allow a church to enable and enhance mission and ministry, whilst implementing a demonstrable reduction in their carbon footprint.
- The Offa House Spirituality Capital Fund, which gives capital grants to parishes and deaneries to support the development of sustainable resources for retreat, reflection, reconciliation and enabling closer encounters with God and his creation.
- Together for Change has a small grants scheme for community transformation projects
Information about external fund
- The Parish Resources website has funding guides and lists of grant-making organisations which parishes can apply to
- The Churchcare website gives guidance on the major national funding bodies for works to church buildings, and on funds available from the national church
- The Warwickshire and Coventry Historic Churches Trust provides grants to historic churches across Coventry and Warwickshire
- The Allchurches Trust provide grants to churches of all demoninations
- Types of projects supported by the Garfield Weston Foundation, and the Heritage Lottery Fund, can be found on their websites
To reclaim VAT on some works to listed church buildings, you can contact the Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme.